DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION & SUPPLIES
DIC-DUVWAROVWO, A. I. (HEAD)
The Department has overall responsibility for sourcing high quality personnel for the Commission and deploying them to execute policies, projects, programmes and schemes in order to achieve the mandate of DESOPADEC. It also provides materials and logistics for the efficient and effective daily operations of the Commission.
The Department is made up of four Divisions and a section as follows:
• Human Resources or Personnel Division.
• Supply and Estate Division.
• Staff Welfare Division.
• Transport and Logistics Division.
• Store Section.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
• Advising the Commission on Human Resources management policies and programmes.
• Promoting effective human resources management through recruitment, training and staff performance appraisal.
• Handling the internal general administration of personnel, material, logistics and physical resources of the Commission.
• Ensuring staff welfare and industrial harmony.
• Staff recruitment, selection, placement, induction, training, transfers and establishment.
• Managing the career of centrally deployed officers including Administrative officers, Executive officers, Confidential Secretaries, Reporters, Typists, Clerical officers, Messengers and Cleaners.
• Provision/procurement and allocation of furniture items, office equipment, general plants, vehicles and tracking same where applicable.
• Allocation of office accommodations and official quarters, matters affecting Guest Houses and Estates of the Commission.
• Maintenance of administrative buildings, quarters and Guest Houses, vehicles, plants and insurance matters where applicable.